Isn't it strange that Ed Storms' paper reports no gammas either, yet the
radiation implies particle energies in the MeV range?
Note the effect of oxygen and hydrocarbons in the Storms experiment where
one would expect the quasi-stable entity to be found. (Argon in the O2 ?)  A
deuteron or proton impacting a heavier (higher Z) atom electron cloud
containing the entity would capture the entity and effect CF, allowing the
entity to be released to continue working as a catalyst.