An extensive treatment of the interaction of water on solid surfaces (about
10 megabytes) gives insight on how a  "Muonic Entity" could catalyze CF
reactions on the cathode of
an electrolysis cell. It also touches on the effect of oxygen wrt the water
interaction with
the surfaces.

http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/~wchen/Madey_page/Full_Publications/PDF/madey_SSR_1987_T.pdf