From: "Robin van Spaandonk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 4:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: Photos of Guy Negre's compressed air car on CNET News.com

Hi,
[snip]
>I just saw Robin's explanation for the discrepancy (heat taken from ambient
>air during expansion,
>which produces cold air as is well know), it makes sense to me. It's quite
>remarkable that 9 kWh
>out
>of the 12 seem to be provided by the environment!
[snip]
Of course this also means that quite a lot more work has to be done to compress
the air in the first place than one might at first guess. However if the air
compressor is in your garage, then a nice synergy is possible. The waste heat
from the compression phase might be used to heat the hot water in the hot water
system. :)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.