To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:"Tooo" obvious for Detroit?

Interesting thinking Jones. A proposed valveless, pistonless engine/motor concept is being studied whereas the "engine" is ring shaped and drives a cluster of embedded cavity discs positioned with the ring. The design approach is to build a "planetary transmission with an engine inside" . The transmission functions both for mechanical drive output assisted by the huge torque output with the large diameter ring primary mover and also output electric power from the electric generating features.

Designers have been stuck in the 18th century steam engine rut too long. Their approach has been to build an engine and connect it to a transmission. Radical new thinking suggests that we should be building a transmission and fit an engine/electric generator inside. This thinking would allow for the engine exhaust to serve a secondary turbine scavenging purpose. The unit assembly shape could be an inclined pancake shaped configuration and ... not use "gears" but slip discs within the planetary reduction system.

These radical new engine/motor concepts "fit" the theme of your post. New engines must be designed for new fuels and not attempt to "make" new fuels fit present engine technology.
Richard

Jones  wrote,
The following suggestion, or a version of it, will be
implemented by some perceptive auto manufacturer in
the coming years.

This Email has been scanned for all viruses by Medford Leas I.T. Department.