Hi Horace,
[snip]
>Since you are talking about single layer tori, they
>both have major axis hoop currents, and thus the confined fields of
>both tori are shared with, overlap, the hoop fields of the opposed
>tori, and thus there is a much stronger interaction than one would
>obtain from the major hoop currents alone.  I hope this is making
>sense and is not just a lot of word salad.
[snip]
It makes sense to me, though if the major axis is common to both tori, then the
extending field of the "first" torus would be largely perpendicular to the
enclosed field of the other torus. In such a situation, would you still expect a
strong interaction, and could you quantify it?
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.