Hi Horace,
[snip]
>Well then you will be happy to consider that indeed the laws of
>magnetism, even though unchanged, don't apply in the same way, can
>involve orders of magnitude differences, because the current velocity
>is relativistic.

This is an interesting point. The current through individual loops would indeed
appear to be not just relativistic, but exactly at light speed, while the
current through the "hoop" is only at the speed of the electron, e.g. alpha x c,
which is not relativistic (this term is actually a bit vague because in reality
any motion at all is relativistic, though for slow motion this is already taken
into account in the normal laws of mechanics).

The implications of having a current traveling at light speed is a bit beyond me
for the moment.

>Also, I think there is necessarily torque involved
>because the angle of the torus to the axis is statistical in nature,
>and since torque is involved, precession is involved, so the motion
>is complicated, more orbitsphere like.

In the model I am looking at, the relative relationship of the rings to one
another is constant, though their common axis can rotate freely in space.
(They are tightly locked together). I think this may simply things to some
extent, if they are examined in the frame of the "hoops".

>At high velocities the de Broglie wavelength changes (keep in mind
>that the particles involved, when interacting,  have de Broglie
>wavelengths from their partner's reference frames that differ from
>their lab frame de Broglie wavelengths), permitting a large d/r ratio
>to remain even as d shrinks to a small value due to increased
>magnetic effects.

Actually, the magnetic effect would need to increase the distance between the
rings rather then reduce it as the actual first ionization energy of Helium is
less than that predicted by a model with no magnetic force.

>The force, energy, and mass of the particles
>changes dramatically with shrinking de Broglie wavelength due to the
>1/d^4 nature of the magnetic force.  The electrostatic field from two
>opposed charge particles essentially has infinite energy available
>provided the distance between them can approach zero.  The only thing
>that limits this distance, or at least duration of this kind of
>interaction at a given distance, and thus bonding energy
>availability, is uncertainty of position.

In this model, the electrons are each attracted by the nucleus, but repelled by
one another. This push-pull combination locks them into a rigid structure, which
however is free to rotate in its entirety.
Without a magnetic force between the electrons it predicts a first ionization
energy for Helium of 27.2 eV. (Also assuming no contribution by the rotational
energy of the structure as a whole).
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk