Hi,
[snip]
>Howdy Vorts,
>As some are aware, one of our companies build water treating and wastewater
>disinfection chem feed inductors. We have depended on our industry to produce
>the remainder of the systems including the chemicals for this purpose. We are
>not chemists or physicists. We need systems that can produce quantities of "in
>situ"ozone gas at a lower cost and safer methods.
>There are new "exotics" entering the nation's water supply that we believe can
>be destroyed via ozone treatment but the existing processes for making ozone
>are both expensive and troubling.
[snip]
I'm not sure how efficient it would be, but I would consider a two stage
process.

1) Use pressure swing absorption technology to produce nearly pure O2 from air.
2) Pass an electric arc through the pure O2 to create ozone.

The first step (nearly) eliminates the problem of nitrogen oxides, the second
step avoids the losses inherent in using UV as an intermediary. However you may
have a problem finding electrodes that don't deteriorate too rapidly.

If the remaining nitrogen oxides are a problem, then a third, chemical, step may
need to be added to remove them.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.