Back in the late 1970s I actually had the fortune of being cast in a
small bit part for an amateur audio production of ACC's "Nine Million
Names of God" sponsored by our local Science Fiction community based
in Madison, Wisconsin. Thirty years later I remember very little about
the experience other than the fact that I think I played the part of
one of the programmer troglodytes. It was a fun experience, however I
felt intimidated every time it was time to read my lines. Occasional
bouts of what I eventually learned was a form of Dyslexia (which had
the capacity of striking at any time) made the experience somewhat
stressful.

I agree with Jed that ACC was an atheist through and through, even
though I suspect we are both probably in agreement over the fact that
he was more spiritual than most beings.

I found ACC's novel "3001 The Final Odyssey" to be one of my
favorites. It wasn't one of his better stories. Nevertheless, I got
the distinct feeling as I read it that Arthur wrote it more for his
own enjoyment than for any other reason. I think he was having fun
speculating on what he hoped the world would evolve into in another
thousand years. I liked his reptilian raptors, which when genetically
altered turned out to be excellent gardeners. They also made great
nannies. It was a fun romp.

I suspect that if anyone were to be so foolish as to conduct a seance
and attempt to communicate with the spirit of Arthur from the Great
Beyond all they would get back for their efforts would be disturbing
visions of a black void filled with stern emptiness. Nobody here!
Nothing! Zilch! Well, of course, you ninny! Arthur was an atheist.
He's dead! And that's the way it's gong to stay.

I can respect that.

Same with Douglas Adams too.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson