Hi,
[snip]

>--- Robin
>
>> If I'm not mistaken (and I could well be), then the
>US actually consumes more fossil fuel to generate
>electricity than it does for transportation,
>
>Yes but much of that consumption for electricity is
>provided by nuclear, hydro, wind, solar or in sites
>which cannot easily adapt to capturing CO2 for use in
>adjoining ponds.

See Jed's post, and add all the C related power generation sources.

>Plus night-time CO2 emission would be difficult to
>store.

Not necessarily. New technologies for scrubbing CO2 from the smokestack
currently being developed with sequestration in mind, all employ some form of
chemical that binds the CO2, and later releases it with some gentle "prodding".
Such a chemical method could readily be adapted to storing the CO2 sequestered
at night for use during the day.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.