On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Jones Beene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  It is true that a breakthrough in batteries (what
>  happened to EEStor ??) would bring the situation into
>  better balance by shifting more demand to the grid.

Not a lot of real news on their wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEstor

I think it was already reported here that LockMart had sewn up the DOD
licenses.  Makes a nice combo with constant source of energy like
Goldes device or others.  ;-)

Speaking of spintronics,  I'm sure you saw the news about IBM's
breakthrough on memory:

http://www.crn.com/storage/207200264

More music storage on your IPod than you could listen in your lifetime.  :-)

Terry