From: "Michel Jullian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 11:47 AM
Subject: [Vo]:Re: Eye of the Gyre

Indeed Vorts we can do better than this: zero ship time!

We already found how to seed/fertilize directly from land (e.g. from the
Azores, cf quoted post below).

But _even harvesting_ could be done without any ship: we could install a fixed
harvesting robot, or cluster of harvesting robots, at the Eye (where the crop
converges automagically by vortical effect, remember?), connected to an
underwater Sea Line (not necessarily resting on the deep ocean bottom: with an
ad hoc anchoring scheme it could be arranged to float in midwater say at 100m
depth to save on total length) which would convey the harvest, whether raw or
pre-processed of fully processed to biofuel, to the nearest land (e.g. Bermuda).

Michel