----- Original Message ----- From: "Robin van Spaandonk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:responce to the IPKat - weblog

Hi,
[snip]
What is missing from Mills' publications, and apparaently the scientific
literature as well, is data on the effective range of the resonant transfer
effect, or the 'cross section'.
[snip]
My bet is that actual physical contact is necessary, in order to transfer
angular momentum.
Peter Zimmerman advanced the 'contact' agument on another forum some time ago. The radii of a H atom and typical catalyst, such as Ar+, are so small that if contact were required, the probability of reaction would be vanishingly small. Since Ar+ experimetally catalyzes H, that argument is void. It is more likely that the transfer is a near-field phenomenon that can be approached from antenna theory, but I do not know of any detailed work on such.

Mike Carrell

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.

This Email has been scanned for all viruses by Medford Leas I.T. Department.