At the risk of stirring up another Hundred Years' War,
let me opine that the British Taboo on horse meat
seems to be fairly recent, or else ignored in
Yorkshire, and now has evolved into an item of jealous
yearning ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1551693/The-merits-of-horse-meat.html

I seriously doubt that any uneaten horse was ever
tossed overboard - in the entire history of the
Admiralty ...

However, with our beloved Kentucky Derby set to begin
in a few hours, I will refrain from any culinary
review of this gourmet delicacy ...