Jed Rothwell wrote:
I would not want a 3-wheeled vehicle, especially one that goes at "highway speed." But the Microwatt model seems promising: $12,000, 60 mile range.

I hope to get something like this when my 14-year-old Geo Metro dies.

I doubt it. It's not a regular car -- it's a "NEV", and can't be driven on any road where the speed limit is over 35 MPH. That limits its usefulness terribly.

It's a low-speed vehicle, like the current Zenn cars.

In other words, it's a converted golf cart with seat belts.

For reasons which are completely obscure to me the only fully roadworthy vehicle they seem to be offering is the Triac. Check the specs, it's got half again the batteries and a much heftier engine than either the Moose or the Microwatt.