Robin van Spaandonk wrote:
Hi,
[snip]
For reasons which are completely obscure to me the only fully roadworthy vehicle they seem to be offering is the Triac. Check the specs, it's got half again the batteries and a much heftier engine than either the Moose or the Microwatt.
[snip]
Yes, they seem to have managed to neatly avoid anything that people would
actually want. If the Triac had had 4 wheels, then I suspect they would have
sold like hot-cakes.

Someone mentioned you need a motorcycle license to drive the Triac. That probably means it's manufactured under motorcycle regulations, not automobile regulations. That (presumably) means they don't have to do a bunch of stuff, like put airbags in it or crash it into a wall to see how it performs. (If they'd put a fourth wheel on it, it would have turned into a car.)

Similarly, the Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (NEVs) don't have to carry airbags or pass crash tests.

It's a whole lot less expensive and time consuming to bring an NEV or motorcycle to market than it is to bring a full speed automobile to market. I think this accounts for the apparently odd decisions of Zenn and Pheonix and maybe a few other companies to "only market cars nobody wants".

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>