Hoyt - I know this demands more attention ... but can
you give us your take on it, since you have probably
spent adequate time with it ?

... but .... from a quick read: Instead of an unknown
anti-gravity effect - why not the simpler suggestion
that the fuel was more energetic than the calculations
suggested it would be - putting Explorer into a higher
non-spherical orbital?

This is poor science journalism, if nothing else. It
seems designed to find or invent something which isn't
really there.

They did mention the possibility and others - then
seemed to try to obfuscate it using math which assumed
things which cannot be assumed (like energy content of
fuel being theoretical instead of actual), and then
went sideways with other suggestions - but *did they
ever adequately refute* the simplest variable ?

--- "Hoyt A. Stearns Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>