I'm thinking of setting up a little library with easy books about Feynman so
people can come to the shrine and purify their DNA.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Carrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 September 2008 14:13
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Feynman

---------------------
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Beaty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 1:25 AM

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Mike Carrell wrote:
>
>> Feyman didn't reall crack safes. At Los Alamos, file cabinets were
>> shipped
>> with combination locks set at the factory to a standard combination.
>
> Hmmm, that doesn't sound familiar at all.  Which page of the book
> describes that?

I once read two small books, collections of anecdotes about Feynman. The
titles, as I recall, were "Surely you jest, Mr. Feynman" and "What do you
care what other people think". They were paperbacks. The story about the
safes was in one of them, I don't recall which. The title of the first was
the remark by the wife of the head of the graduate school at Princeton,
pouring tea at a reception, when Feymnan decided he wanted both lemon and
surgar in his tea.

Mike Carrell