See:

http://www.project10tothe100.com/index.html

I submitted an application to this project. Not expecting a response, but anyway, I have covered this.

In the application form field #11, "Describe your idea in more depth. (maximum 300 words)" I wrote the following:

Cold fusion (the Fleischmann-Pons effect) is a nuclear effect that was replicated by Los Alamos, BARC and hundreds of other major laboratories worldwide. These replications were published in hundreds of mainstream, peer-reviewed journal papers. Cold fusion has produced temperatures and power density equivalent to a fission reactor core. It has produced hundreds of watts of heat from a device the same of a coin, and 10,000 times more energy than any possible chemical fuel. It has to potential to produce energy thousands of times cheaper than fossil fuel, with no carbon dioxide emissions, virtually no pollution, and unlimited supplies of fuel.

Unfortunately, the research cannot be funded in the U.S. because of academic politics, opposition by funding agencies, and ridicule by a few major magazines and newspapers. Department of Energy (DoE) advisory panels have twice recommended that a modicum of research be funded, but the DoE has ignored this advice. It is time for the public to demand that scientists who wish to investigate this phenomenon be funded and allowed to do so.

We advocate budgeting a few million dollars per year in basic research at National Laboratories and universities. If promising devices emerge, budgets should be increased to allow rapid development. Experts at the Naval Research Laboratory estimate that cold fusion can be fully developed and commercialized for roughly $300 million to $600 million, which is what it cost to develop similar surface effect, solid-state devices such as the Aegis radar.

Our web site features a bibliography of 3,500 research papers on cold fusion (including more than 1,000 peer-reviewed ones) and the full text from 500 papers. Our purpose is to provide accurate, original source information to the scientific community, and to educate the public about the vital need for this research. See lenr-canr.org