-----Original Message-----
From: Edmund Storms [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 4:25 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Cc: Edmund Storms
Subject: Re: [Vo]:OFF TOPIC News of the bailout

Actually, only the Supreme Court can answer this question and they
show no interest in doing so.  The cause of the problem is obvious to
anyone who has looked at reality.  Many mistakes were made, but each
has been identified and attempts will be made to apply a correction.
Of course, the corrections will be imperfect  because of the required
compromises, but they will be put in place no matter who is elected.
The only issue of this electron is how will the next mistake be
handled? The next mistake is now being created by the structure of the
bailout.  The next president will have runaway inflation and high
interest rates.  Who do you think will handle this problem to your
benefit?

Ed

Right now we have inflation running at approximately 10% annual rate and
savings accounts paying around 1 1/2% for a net loss of 8 1/2%.  On top of
that we must pay income tax on the 1 1/2%.  Part of Obama's plan to balance
the budget is to subject that 1 1/2% to social security payments as well!
It is part of his plan to redistribute the wealth.  Inflation is a tax, and
it loots the savers.  The stock market is too scary to mess with.  I-bonds
are paying 0% interest right now, but even at that, they might be the best
investment out there.

The majority of people endeavor to conduct their lives in such a manner so
as not to be a burden to others.  They are the targets of this
redistribution.  Some poor people seek jobs while others milk the system.
If the job creators are plundered by the government, where will the jobs
come from?  When the haves are reduced to havenots, we will all be losers.
We cannot advance the economy by punishing the hard working successful.

Jeff