Jed Rothwell wrote:

> Seriously folks! If Estacado Energy Services, Inc. begins generating 250
> MW of electricity,

Just one minor point -- As far as I can tell from the article, the 250
MW number doesn't reflect anyone's plans for actually doing anything.
Rather, it's the power limit in the license agreement.

I.e, Estacado is licensed to use BLP technology to generate UP TO 250 MW
of power.  If they wanted to build a larger plant than that they would
need to have BLP cut them a new license.  Read it carefully:

"Estacado may produce gross thermal power up to a maximum continuous
capacity of 250 MW ..."

That word "may" is not speculation as to what they might do; rather,
it's a statement of what they have permission to do.

The significance, if any, of the 250 MW number is rather unclear without
knowing how much they actually had to pay for the license -- and whether
they could have saved a significant amount of the fee by opting for a
lower power cap in the license.  For all we know they negotiated a
license fee and then BLP asked to have a power cap put on it just in
case it turns into a runaway smash success and Estacado decides to build
a *chain* of full size generating stations with the technology.  With
such a negotiating scenario the 250 MW number could be almost entirely
arbitrary -- it is, perhaps, most reasonably viewed as a single-site
license for one power plant.