What's shakin' guys!

Following up on what seismologists are calling the Mogul event, see this link
for some pics and
analysis...
http://www.seismo.unr.edu/feature/2008/mogul.html

In most of the pics (the first dated November 14, 2008) my house is about a cm
from the upper-left
corner of the map scale (lower right)!  I'm in the foothills and am about 500'
above the valley
floor...

They have concluded that this is not volcanic-related eq activity... If it was,
I'd be toast in a
matter of seconds anyway if Mogul did blow it's top, and if we just have a
major eq in this area, my
house will be a pile of sticks!  Maybe I should get EQ insurance...

One of the interesting pics shows the amt and direction of ground movement; up
to 29mm!
Pic is titled: GPS Time Series Since 4/26/2008
Looks like the fault may be pretty much along Interstate-80... Too bad this map
doesn't show the
vertical component of the mvmnt; prob'ly too small to msr.

Pic titled: "Cumulative Number of Earthquakes" is also quite telling of just
how quickly this
activity escalated. Unfortunately, none of the maps show cumulative Eqs... But
it'd be nearly solid
yellow for that entire area of mogul.

Rock-n-Roll!!!
-Mark