OrionWorks wrote:

Steorn strikes me as a fascinating and potentially tragic enigma.
.

I continue to hope, perhaps irrationally, that Steorn will still be
able to interest a sufficient number of scientists and engineers into
looking into the technology, now that the company promises to be a tad
more revealing as to the physics behind their discovery. Alas, I fear
The first hurdle is making the machine self powering, however, there is a higher hurdle, economic feasibility. IMHO, there are better technologies than magnetic motors. I have often thought that a magnetic motor could be the basis of a battery charger which would be a great toy. You put a rechargeable battery in it, spin the flywheel, and later you have a recharged battery. IMHO, this would be just the toy for the yuppie who has too much money for his own good. I'm going to suggest this to Steorn. Now that I think of it, there is such a machine, it's called a Bedini Motor.

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---