>From Jed:

> Interesting quote from article:
>
>> Back in the 1993 after his retirement; the former head of Lockheed's
>> "Skunk Works" (producers of the B-2 "Spirit" Stealth Bomber and SR-71
>> "Blackbird"), Benjamin Rich, said on the record at an U.C.L.A. School of
>> Engineering Alumni awards dinner (and again three days later at a
>> presentation given at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base):
>
> "We already have the means to traverse the stars but these technologies
> are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of god to ever
> get them out to benefit humanity.. Any thing you can imagine we already
> know how to do."
>

> Did Rich really say that?!? The government does not seem good at hiding
> information, so I kind of doubt they have all this stuff under wraps.

...and from Steve Lawrence:

> None of these things are impossible, but they are very, very improbable.

FWIW:

Having attended numerous informal social gatherings of a local UFO
group held in the Milwaukee area since the 1990s I'd have to say that
Rich's comments are, not surprisingly, fertile topics of constant
conjecture. For example, the "true" propulsion of the B-2 has
occasionally been discussed.

It's become my suspicion that a person could easily spend his entire
lifetime pursuing the Holy Grail of what "really" drives the B-2
bomber through the air, or whether something of an extraterrestrial
nature really did crash in Roswell back in 1947, or whether we humans
are actually being abducted by extraterrestrial visitors for who knows
what kinds of various experiments.

If one is into pursuing these kinds of Holy Grails, I would recommend
a website that was first brought to my attention by Thomas Malloy,
"Project Camelot". See:

http://www.projectcamelot.org/interviews.html

for the latest interviews with various players. Some of the
interviewees are obscure, and some well known within the UFO field.
This is an excellent smorgasbord of video & audio entrees for those
who want to get an overwhelming dose of conspiratorial views. (Took me
damned well over a month to get through most of the video interviews.)

Upon reflection, and as I approach the sixth decade of my life on this
planet I've found myself, sometimes uncomfortably, reevaluating a few
of my personal interests within the UFO community and the "Free
Energy" field. In my own defense I really can say without a doubt that
I've experienced numerous adventures over the decades, and some of
those adventures have even been fun - incredibly fun! But what did I
actually learn (of substance) from all of my adventures? That IS the
key question, one that is not easily answered. For example, what have
I personally uncovered - have I actually SEEN the "Holey Grail",
personal proof that there exists a simple free energy device that if
ONLY we could get the contraption past the MIBs and out to the public
it would solve ALL of our planet's dire energy problems. Or, have I
personally met an extraterrestrial, perhaps at a StarBuck's coffee
shop, and he/she/it answered one of my burning questions, like: Was
the Face on Mars really constructed in the likeness of Elvis? ... Ok,
strike that last statement. Me bad.

As for what I actually have learned... well, I think I've learned not
to pass judgment on what I've heard, at least not so quickly as
perhaps I would have tended to have done earlier in my life. I've
learned that the more I've learned the more ignorant I realize I truly
am about what the hell may actually be going on, particularly beyond
the boundaries of my five senses. I've learned that there is only so
much I, as an individual, can "know" about my surroundings.

I would like to suggest that if one chooses to make as one of their
Life's Goals the pursuit one of the above Holy Grails (UFOs, Aliens,
Free Energy, etc...), it would be wise to prepare yourself with the
possibility that, as you approach death, you may NOT "know" what is
really going on behind the curtain. There is a real temptation to
manufacture an "explanation" of "truth", just so one can feel like
they accomplished something of value in their all-too-short life span.

One of the few but profound revelations I have learned so far in this
lifetime is that it is a good thing to know and enjoy what I DO know,
along with what I truly do NOT know. The wisdom is to know the
difference.

"Small steps, Sparks. Small steps."

Still working on that one. ;-)

Regards