Slightly expanded transcript. Quote starting around 40:25 in the video:

". . . This negative reaction resulted in what I consider to be a loss . . . a lack of objectivity. When I went on the 60 Minutes piece, I was contacted by a highly prominent professor from an Ivy League university, who just really [laughs] really was angry with me. For having done the piece. And the point was, I laid out the scientific case [to the prof on the phone] but he flatly wouldn't consider it. And when I said, 'come on, why don't you just work with me here, through the data,' he said essentially, 'well, you know, us high caliber physicists have done that before, and there has never been anything there. So you charlatans just can go on and do whatever you like.' Okay. Well. It is interesting: my scientific reputation -- I guess, at least to him -- had been stronger before I did the piece.

But now, the point is, real science, possibly with outstanding engineering consequences, suddenly becomes a pariah science. A science where no one can go . . ."

- Jed

Reply via email to