On Jul 9, 2009, at 4:36 PM, Jones Beene wrote:

One comment on The Letter to the Editor from John Sutherland - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

It raises a point that should be clarified. He may be unaware that we can tolerate mention of Randell Mills or Blacklight Power here.

Actually, "welcome mention" might apply, since it is so very much on list topic.

Which is to say that when 4He is measured as the ash from LENR, and this has been assumed to be real helium, it could instead consist of one molecule of ”two fractional hydrogen isotopes” - better known as the Mills hydrino, or more specifically the Mills’ “di- deuterino.”

Back circa 1994, if memory serves, Mills mentioned this possibility in Fusion Technology.

The ionization potential for the “di-deuterino” would be extremely high according to Mills, in the case of deep redundancy – and essentially there is little way they could ever be distinguished from helium except for the small mass difference which we have talked about here before - and which has actually shown up in very sophisticated Mass Spec charts before, as that small blip.

This makes no sense to me Jones. Mass Spectrometers work on ionized species. There would thus have to exist a reduced energy orbital for a D2+ dideuterino species. Further, even if such a species exists, to the degree no He is present, no mass 4 He++ species will show up in the mass spectrograph. This would be a very evident feature of the mass spectrograph. If you fully ionize a dideuterino, if that is readily feasible, since it ostensibly takes around 70 eV , then you still get mass 2 deuterium nuclei, not a mass 4 He nucleus. To the extent you don't ionize dideuterionss, then they remain neutral, and thus not in the mass spectrograph, or show up as mass 4 singly charged species. Any in-between condition, i.e. a mixture of species, would still show up as mass spectrograph which would be mysterious or anomalous without a hydrino explanation, and thus to most CF researchers that did He mass spec. , other than possibly Mills' staff.

It may be of use to look at US Patent 6,024,935, which discusses much about dihydrino isolation and mass spec. , and which also makes no sense to me for the same reasons. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious. I didn't take much time to look at it.

I recall posting the reference to that chart, years ago, to vortex, and if memory serves it was done at Frascatti but I cannot find the reference now.

Jones

Following is the beginning of a fairly long old thread, "Mass Spec. question", which may be of interest.