-----Original Message-----
From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax

> So why does Takahashi not mention the words "Bose-Einstein
condensate," which is what the TSC seems to be?

... not cold enough ?

> And why does Kim not mention Takahashi, his prior experimental work, and
his theory?

... professional jealousy ?

> Have I got this wrong? Is the TSC not a Bose-Einstein condensate?

If a transitory high temperature version of the BEC is possible, then yes,
this could be possible, and would serves to answer a lot of questions.
However there are other hypothetical ways for four nuclei to condense.

AFAIK there is zero real proof that a BEC is possible at anywhere near
300-400 K, although that hypothesis has been mentioned as far back as 1992,
if not earlier. Proof always seems to get in the way.

However, there is another possibility that goes back to the geometry you
mentioned - the tetrahedron, which is one of nature's most favored
structures. That hypothesis is even further out, but possibly no more of a
stretch than a hot BEC.

Although the tetrahedron has no orthocenter in the sense of intersecting
altitudes, there is a 'virtual' center known as the Monge point which could
conceivably hold or even 'entice' a strong negative charge - via the four
nuclei at the vertex getting into some kind of resonance in a tight matrix
situation. The central virtual charge would need to be Spin 1 and not a
lepton, or else a bound pair of leptons. Long before P&F, when Aspden had a
little more credibility than he does these days (due to 40 years of few
confirming experiments) he was talking about bound dual virtual muons. This
citation will be hard to find: H. Aspden: "Physics without Einstein"
(Sabberton, Southampton, 1969)

He was able to tie it all mathematically into the fine structure constant;
and that virtual muon pair might work as an agent of condensation or Coulomb
shield or whatever - for four tetrahedral deuterons in an alternative TSC.

Far enough out there for you?

Hey, let's face it - there is nothing that works to everyone's satisfaction.
The best thing about Aspden is that he is (was) able to find all sorts of
strange coincidental values that align ... for (probably) unrelated reasons
... or not.

Jones