Hi,
[snip]
>produce them.  You can do the heat transfer estimate, based on the
>thermal conductivity of the electrolyte, but I don't think that is
>necessary, because the observed tracks and expected (under Takahashi)
>tracks are off by orders of magnitude.

If there is a fraction of a millimeter of space between the cathode and the
CR39, then that would stop most alphas, but I think everyone recognizes that.
Another point however is not so obvious. If Hydrinos are responsible, then much
of the energy may be released in the form of fast electrons through internal
conversion, rather than as alpha particles, and fast electrons don't show up in
CR39. They would however create bremsstrahlung and photoelectric effect x-rays,
but given the nature of the environment, the photo-electric effect x-rays may be
low energy, and result primarily in heat. Some of the bremsstrahlung x-rays
should show up, if looked for.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html