On Jul 13, 2009, at 1:18 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

Horace Heffner wrote:

There have also been stunning "heat after death" radiographs of Ti cathodes taken at BARQ India. The surfaces were active for months. Search on "radiograph" on LENR- CANR.org.

Note however, that's lukewarm fusion. Not exactly cold. Way more reactions than predicted by plasma fusion theory, but basically plasma fusion.

It is certainly logical and conventional to call it lukewarm fusion, due to the initiating energy. However, I personally think the distinguishing characteristic of cold fusion is a highly distorted set of branching ratios. I think the production of delayed x-rays or UV after energy is no longer supplied is also a characteristic of cold fusion, and not hot fusion.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/