John,

You have stated:

> I saw this and then read his comment, so I knew
> what he was talking about and I had the same objection,
> this disproves the person claiming his 10 year old faked it.

There are many prosaic reasons why a glowing "ring" would begin to
fade out as this alleged UFO appears to ascend into a bank of clouds.
Who is not aware of the phenomenon where a flashlight as its
directional beam points farther away from the viewpoint of the
observer naturally begins to fade in intensity.

...and

> Also the camera is moving quite a lot, a reflection would
> move with the observer not remain stationary in the
> background.

This analysis makes no sense. It's obvious the camera is jiggling
about, but not in back and forth movements in relationship to the
ground as your conjecture seems to be based on.

And finally, your comment:

> The person claiming it was hoaxed IS himself a hoaxer.

... and at this point I realize this is just all getting too silly.

What is your point, John? Actually, what's the "point" you conjecture
I have missed? I'm baffled. Is it your conjecture that I refuse
consider the possibility that this a real UFO? Or are you implying
that I still believe that this incident could still be a real UFO,
despite what the kid's father has to say on the subject?

After viewing and listening to this video countless times, after
listening to the voice of child and what appears to be the voice of
the mother in the background who is obviously enjoying playing along
with her children, it seems pretty obvious to me that everyone was
having a bang up of a time. Unexpected creativity, the sudden magic of
the moment is wonderful play! Why is this so difficult for anyone to
grasp? And then we have the father's subsequent Denver post article,
his retelling of what his wonderfully creative kids did one day on the
spur of the moment, the subsequent posting of their creation out on
You-Tube and the unexpected surprise of countless individuals and UFO
organizations refusing to accept that this was mere child's play. And
then you are giving me the impression that you as well appear to
dismiss the father's account. I think these kids are laughing their
heads off, and rightly so as they teach their parents, us old timers,
a valuable lesson about the chameleon-like nature of the Internet:
"The net of a thousand lies!" What a hoot!

FWIW, I've been attending informal UFO pot-luck gatherings in the
Milwaukee area for over fifteen years. I've had the privilege to
listening to authors like Mr. Schmitt discuss in gritty detail much of
the research his team of investigators have slowly uncovered over the
many years concerning the infamous Roswell incident of 1947. Despite
fifteen years of attendance I'm sure I still only know a small portion
of the entire story. It's been interesting listening to the accounts,
the many adventures these investigators have encountered along the
way. Their adventures have included many false leads. Some false leads
were due to natural ignorance and prosaic circumstances. But other
false leads appear to have been deliberately initiated with an
objective to obfuscating the pursuit of additional information. Any
UFO investigator worth their salt has to learn pretty quickly how to
read the signs that they are possibly being lead on a wild goose
chase. They had better learn to read such indicators if they wish to
stay focused on the task at hand, least they themselves and their work
becomes just another contribution to "... the net of a thousand lies."

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks