Frank:  Please keep in mind that the "rotation" in the Lorentz transform
is hyperbolic, not circular.

A circular rotation has the form

 |   cos(theta)   sin(theta) |
 |  -sin(theta)   cos(theta) |

and it maps circles centered on the origin into other circles centered
on the origin.  It appears to me that when you talk about a molecule or
orbital being twisted on the time axis, you may be thinking of a
*circular* rotation carrying one end of the object "forward" and the
other end "backward".

A hyperbolic "rotation" is rather different.  It has the form

 |  cosh(u)   sinh(u) |
 |  sinh(u)   cosh(u) |

It maps hyperbolas centered on the origin to other hyperbolas, but it
generally makes dogfood out of circles.  In particular ordinary lengths
of the form x^2 + y^2 are not preserved; instead, the interval x^2 - y^2
is preserved.

For very small rotations, on the other hand, both circular and
hyperbolic rotations will push one end of a rod "forward" and the other
"backward" if we rotate the rod by a tiny amount, and perhaps that's all
you need.  But if the rotations are more than tiny, the actions are
quite different.