Yes, but no doubt Nick is a fan of "Lost" and understand the intricacies of

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Physics

Serious, folks - Frank has a fascinating alternative to Mills, and it is a
bit unfair to expect from him a perfectly-formed and error-free theory at
this point in time - even in dilated-time  ;-)

>From the perspective of a work-in-progress, it is insightful and helpful. If
it were any more complete, he would not be wasting time on Vortex, to be ...
well ... perfectly frank.

As to its predictive power, yes, I think there could be something to Nick's
suggestion that warrants a closer look.

However, getting a massive charged particle to transverse a Casimir gap
would be difficult. A minimal beam of ultra cold neutrons comes to mind as a
particle whose decay time is well known, short, and could be influenced by a
short transit time. Matter of fact, I have a vague memory of something
similar already being out there... for different purposes, but it might be
worth a look.

I wonder if a orthogonal laser pulse between plates, spaced at a few nm
might show an effect? Yes, that was a rhetorical question, since we know it
to be true - but isn't this adequately described and/or is time dilation
part of it? The beauty of the photonic route is that you might be able to
predict in advance, and arrange to measure for a predicted Doppler red shift
based on time and other variable - and would not the existence of a few
kinds of gratings or filters already be tentative evidence of how to
proceed?

Jones

Matter of fact, as Nick may realize, Minkowski is a character in "Lost" IIRC
;-)

Actually, having no TV by choice, I must depend on a few YouTube vids from
this kind of gnosis/prognosis...