Terry Sez:

> Ms. Hatoyama is not the first to visit a hospitable Venus.  One of the
> first was George Adamski as his Wiki explains:
>
> "However, the Ageless Wisdom teaching, which was first introduced to
> the West in the works of Theosophical Society co-founder H.P.
> Blavatsky, posits the idea that life on the dense-physical plane is
> merely the precipitation, at a lower frequency, of life on the etheric
> physical planes. In fact, Theosophy states that life on Venus has
> advanced beyond the physical plane[15], and hence the dense-physical
> conditions of Venus' atmosphere are no obstacle to life on Venus.
> Esotericist Benjamin Creme subscribes to the view that the Venusians
> pilot flying saucers that are capable of stepping down the level of
> vibration of themselves and their craft from the higher vibrations of
> particles of etheric matter to the slower level of vibration of the
> atoms of the physical plane (Creme accepts George Adamski's UFO
> sightings as valid).[16]"

Indeed, Hatoyama was not the first! I have my own paperback copy of
"Inside the Flying Saucers" by George Adamski, bought back around
1967. I must have been around 15 years old when I purchased the book
(for around sixty cents) from the local Treasure Island discount
store, book section. I gotta tell ya, I had more fun reading about
George's contactee adventures and his numerous encounters with all
those beautiful & spiritually advanced Venusians, Martians, and
Saturnanians, who came to our planet with messages of Peace and Love
in their hearts, etc... It captivated my imagination in a way that
nothing else had. In a sense, it was like experiencing a religious
transformation. That is the power of a "modern" myth, one that has
relevance to the perceiver. Approximately three to six months later,
as I hopefully got a little wiser, I no longer took Adamski's accounts
so literally anymore. But even today I can still nostalgically recall
how I felt when I first read Adamski's accounts and how his encounters
transformed me internally. In the end it was not the literal
interpretation that has stuck with me. It was the mythic tale Adamski
recounted that continues to reverberate within me which continues to
have relevance to my life.

I realize some on this list might be horrified by anyone making such a
"confession", but so what. Reading the Wiki "translation" I find it to
also be marvelously rich in powerful contemporary symbols that have
the potential of being more relevant and meaningful within the context
of our society, one that possesses its current scientific knowledge
base. All that talk about "...stepping down the level vibration..."
and "vibrations of particles of etheric matter to the slower level of
vibration... of the physical plane..." and one can get the sense that
we are dealing with heroic tales of transformation externalized (and
better visualized) within the context of scientific lingo.

Mythic tales in order to maintain their relevancy take whatever
contemporary concepts might be available in order to tell their tales
in a more meaningful manner. Just like software, mythic tales must
occasionally be revised.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com