Steven V Johnson wrote:

...but that does not answer the principal question: How does one
verify its pedigree?

For those of us (particularly me!) who may not be as quick witted as
you appear to be can you clarify how you went about verifying the
presumed legitimacy of this report?

Ask the authors, I guess.

I am sure of the pedigree because the authors sent me the document. If you (or the skeptics at Wikipedia) are not sure of the pedigree, I suggest y'all ignore the document. It is not all that important. I mean, it is a fine job and I am glad they wrote it, but there is nothing in that paper that Storms, McKubre or I have not said dozens of times before. It is hardly a revelation.

More to the point, you can independently confirm everything in it from the sources listed in the footnotes. Most of them are conveniently available at LENR-CANR.org. So what difference does it make whether this actually a fully approved policy paper from the DIA or not? You can see for yourself that it is well-sourced and indisputable.