Jed sez:

> I can understand why mass media outlets such as CBS "60 Minutes" would have
> a large impact on public opinion. It is because many people watch
> television, and because the mass media -- especially broadcast media -- has
> a certain cachet or glamour that makes people believe whatever they say.
> Judging by the traffic at LENR-CANR.org and the comments I have read, it
> seems that even scientists are more inclined to believe "60 Minutes" than J.
> Electroanal. Chem. That's odd but I guess it is human nature.
>
> Does this same sort of cachet apply to intelligence agencies? We shall soon
> find out.

Indeed, it is hard to predict.

Considering your recent comments on how foreign intelligence agencies
went about collecting information, often through mundane sources,
i.e., through mill-of-the-run newspaper articles, etc...

My point is that it would be unwise to ignore the political impact
such reports have the potential of generating. Ironically, it's not
always the accrued scientific evidence that's important. It's whom is
saying it and how many are willing to believe the "whom" saying it.

"We're the government! Trust us!"

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com