At 05:46 PM 1/30/2010, Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:

> http://newenergytimes.com/v2/blog/
Krivit says:

> Bottom line, there is something real, no doubt. Nuclear, absolutely.
> Potential for energy, yes. But fusion? I can't know for sure, but at
> this time, I highly doubt it.

So if it's nuclear but not fusion, what is it?

Fission?

Or what?  What else is there?

I think Krivit is confused on this. He has been promoting Widom-Larsen theory, and seems to have swallowed it, hook, line, and sinker. Now, I'm not saying that W-L theory is wrong, it's on the table, but W-L theory involves ultra-low momentum neutrons, which could theoretically cause, if they are generated somehow, a whole nucleosynthetic chain of reactions.

Supposedly this isn't "fusion." It's semantic. Neutrons can "fuse" with nuclei, so could Takahashi's Tetrahedral Symmetric Condensate, both are neutrally charged. In other words, fusion but not d-d fusion. Both of them. The TSC, though, Takahashi predicts will indeed fuse within a femtosecond, all by its lonesome.

I've started trying to understand W-L theory and am finding it pretty unpenetrable.

Larsen agrees there is helium synthesis. What's the fuel, precisely? What energy/helium ratio does W-L theory predict? And then I found out why. It hasn't been explained, the "understanding" is "proprietary." Krivit is backing what appears to be a commercial venture, Lattice Energy, that is not fully disclosing the basis. Sound familiar, folks?

I can tell you what Lattice is predicting: cheap, clean energy. Why worry about details like Q factors when you have something Really Important to talk about, Cheap Clean Energy? The material Krivit points to in his W-L theory portal is mostly promotional fluff, unfortunately. Now, I haven't read it all. Maybe someone can point me to something useful.

It's okay, nothing wrong with commercial ventures, but I do get a bit concerned when it involves attacking just about everyone in the field as obtuse and wrong, particularly when the attacks themselves are obtuse and wrong.