Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:
> the sort of conspiracy theory I've come to associate with SR hating
> crackpots who think physicists are all brainwashed fools.
It's not necessary to be a "brainwashed fool" to be proved wrong. Or are
you implying that intelligence and education are synonymous with
infallibility?
If you are implying that "all" of them can't be wrong at the same time,
maybe you should read something about the history of scientific
revolutions, and also consider that actually there isn't all of them
which agree with SR. Some of them are not brainwashed enough, it seems.

That last phrase was intended as a joke. So, don't accuse me of
"conspiracy theorist".