Hi,
[snip]

Diurnal variations could come from many other factors such as the influence of
light on the reactor. Just because such variations may exist, doesn't
necessarily imply that muons are the primary cause CF reactions.
The effect of light on the reactor may be lent some credibility be the
Letts-Cravens laser results. (X-rays or UV may also be important).

>Robin van Spaandonk wrote:
>
>>According to http://www.cosmicrays.org/ the muon flux at the surface is about
>>200 / m^2 / sec. Assuming each muon catalyzes 120 fusion reactions, and each
>>such reaction produces 23.8 MeV, we get a "power" output of 9E-12 W
>>/ cm^2. IOW to create an output of 1 Watt, the collector would have
>>to have an area of ~
>>11 sq. km. (nano powder surface area does not help in this case. It has to
>>actually extend over 11 sq. km of Earth's surface.)
>>
>>In short the notion is ludicrous.
>
>On the other hand, if the diurnal variations in some LENR experiments
>are confirmed, then they must be caused by some extraterrestrial
>particles. In that case the notion is not ludicrous. It just seems
>ludicrous. And obviously the above calculation is wrong or irrelevant.
>
>- Jed
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html