I think you may be confusing two effects here.

On 02/08/2010 01:07 PM, Jones Beene wrote:
> -----Original Message----- From: Stephen A. Lawrence
>
> Jones Beene wrote:
>

>> I have lost the citation from a few weeks ago that claimed that
>> below a threshold of about 10 nm, the expected blackbody frequency is
>> upshifted for nanostructures, in general.

This is to say the spectrum shifts -- the spectrum of a mass of
nanoparticles won't be a BB spectrum.

>> SAL: If I understand you, and if this is true, then it's a
>> violation of the second law of thermodynamics.
>
> No, not if other parts of the structure compensate, so that the net
> energy is unchanged.
>
> IOW sub-radiance compensates for super-radiance ...

As far as I can tell, super-radiance is something quite different from a
spectrum shift.  It has to do with stronger radiation than predicted for
a blackbody, typically for a short period of time due to special
circumstances.  A laser may provide an example of this.

My comments all addressed the issue of a BB spectrum shift, and were not
related to superradiance.