>From Alexander:

> okay, this isnt a definition of Fusion youre looking for,
> but a theory of how fusion works?

I'm not looking for a specific theory of how fusion works.

My original question was more in tune with what might be considered a
sociological query: What does the term "fusion" define? Who owns the
rights to use the term "fusion" within their theories? What specific
ingredients must be present that will allow any theory safe-passage to
commandeer the term "fusion" within its definition. I've wondered if
in order for any and all "fusion" theories to be considered legitimate
they must somehow show how they directly overcome the Coulomb barrier,
such as by forcing their way past the Coulomb Barrier and into the
nucleus of the atom via brute force, such as by thermonuclear fusion.

But could the term "fusion" also be commandeered to explain other
theoretical mechanisms? For example the utilization of Muons that Mr.
Lomax mentioned. Muonic atoms are significantly smaller atomic
species, and as such, make it theoretically possible to slip past the
Coulomb Barrier because they remain neutrally charged during their
brief life spans. I gather Mr. Lomax seems to think so. Seems like
reasonable conjecture to me as well. I would imagine others might
think muons, and/or possibly hydrinos (if they do exist) might be
possible mechanisms as well.

> Two different things my friend.

Indeed they are two different things.

BTW, I see Mr. Lomax has followed up with a detailed explanation
pertaining to various theories involving "fusion". Thanks Abd. Much
appreciated.

I see Horace added a few thoughtful perceptions on the matter as well.
Thanks Horace.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com