On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:46 Robin van Spaandonk said
 The purpose of the Ni is to convert molecular Hydrogen into atomic Hydrogen at
the surface. That's why finely divided Ni powders work better. More surface
area per unit mass. On such a surface it is possible for Hydrogen *atoms* to
get close enough to one another to catalyze shrinkage.

Robin,
 I agree The purpose of the catalyst is to convert molecular Hydrogen or
deuterium into atomic form. This is in opposition to natures preference for a
diatomic state and will only maintain the disassociation while time and
temperature allows. Do you consider this a conservative reaction and if not
where is the energy coming from? I
Am still convinced that extremely active catalysts in the 2-10 nm range
Are based on changes in Casimir geometry and can by themselves be considered an
energy source representing an interim step to fusion Regardless if my
relativistic theory or classic Casimir theory is applied.

      I believe that hydrinos that form dihydrinos have difficulty
Changing to different fractional values compared to when they are in their
monatomic State.

Regards
Fran