Michel Jullian wrote:

> Such an evaluation is not foolproof, as even if the experimental setup is
> made fully open to the experts and they find nothing wrong with it (heating
> resistor current as advertised etc), there is no way to be sure there isn't
> a mundane source of heat such as a some radioisotope hidden in the cell
> itself, unless Rossi lets them take it apart which is unlikely.

You need not worry about that sort of thing. I have been in contact with
both parties, and they have already taken apart the cells. These people are
not fools, and Rossi is clearly not trying to scam anyone. Also, as cousin
Peter points out, you would need ~7 kg of plutonium-238 to do this without
killing the observers, and I do not think Uncle Sam would lend it to you.

As I said about Mills, the only thing that is absolutely foolproof is a
fully independent replication. But an independent evaluation is pretty darn
good, and better than what we have now. Rossi knows that.

You may get a bad impression of Rossi because of the patent and paper. I
certainly did. Ed Storms said -- with considerable justification -- that the
paper proves nothing. Okay, so please suspend judgement and wait for a paper
from people who write in English better than he does. If it never appears,
draw your own conclusions.