mix...@bigpond.com said on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:31 PM
>IOW one might expect D-D to be "easy", p-D more difficult, p-Ni even more
>difficult, and p-Pd almost impossible. In short while D can easily fuse with
>itself (strong force mediated), H can only fuse with itself extremely slowly
>(weak force mediated), leaving H few options other than to react preferentially
>with any D that might be present, or in the absence thereof with the metal
>nucleus.

I agree with Robin's succinct model of H isotopes/ions to the metals atomic
weight but would make 2 additional suggestions,
1, that both chemical and nuclear energy can be exploited from this same
environment and
2, that Naudt's proposal of relativistic hydrogen is a function of the metal
geometry such that Robin's
Statement " H can only fuse with itself extremely slowly" can appear very rapid
from our perspective outside the catalyst inversely to the Casimir geometry.
Suppression can be viewed equally as a relativistic effect where frequencies
are "translated" and only appear shorter from our perspective.

Regards
Fran