>From Harry Veeder,

Regarding the article from:

> http://www.economist.com/node/16886228

Personally, I think this article has manufactured flawed assumptions. For
example, even if I could I have absolutely no desire to increase my indoor
environment to be as bright as outdoor day light - which seems to be the
conclusion this article is predicting we might do. For god's sake! I stay
indoors to AVOID the glare of bright day light.

Regarding the concluding paragraph.

> It  is worth remembering that when gas lights replaced candles and  oil
> lamps in the 19th century, some newspapers reported that they  were
> glaring and dazzling white. In fact, a gas jet of the time  gave off
> about as much light as a 25 watt incandescent bulb does today.  To modern
> eyes, that is well on the dim side. So, for those who truly  wish to
> reduce the amount of energy expended on lighting the answer may  not be
> to ban old-fashioned incandescent bulbs, as is the current  trend, but to
> make them compulsory.

I have no idea what the last sentence means. Make WHAT compulsory? Making the
use of incandescent light bulbs compulsory???? Are they serious????

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks