I don't agree with their concluding paragraph or that the demand for lighting
will necessarily rise, but I think from a macroeconomic standpoint the total
demand for energy will at least remain unchanged because the money saved on
lighting will be invested in other forms of energy consuming production.

Energy conserving technologies, such as LED lights, will not lead to a net
reduction in green house gases, unless we all become Amish or the burning
hydrocarbons is eliminated as permissable form of power generation.

Harry