Hi,
[snip]
>Anyway, Robin van Spaandonk wrote:
>
>> >Hal Fox thought that cold fusion would bring about so many new
>> >technologies that overall it would expand employment . . .
>>
>>Cheap energy => cheap recycling
>>         "   ?=> cheap water ?=> more agriculture
>>         "   => cheaper transportation => lowers cost of everything
>>
>>...so look for more jobs in every field, but especially in recycling and
>>agriculture.
>
>Yeah, those are some of the things I covered in
>my book. No doubt cheap energy will spur the
>development of new fields and some increase in
>employment. But I do not think it is a foregone
>conclusion that the jobs created will outnumber
>those that are lost.

I agree with most of what you say. I actually meant that jobs would go up in the
short term. In the long term people will have more flexibility in how long they
work to earn a crust. e.g. I only work mornings now, yet I still earn enough to
live reasonably comfortably, and even save (a little).

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html