[email protected] wrote:
You mentioned the example of the Chiropractor that would be paid anyway, even if
the client didn't have the money to pay himself. What's to stop everyone from
"purchasing" goods and services for which they have no money? IOW living a life
of luxury, and contributing nothing in return? (and I can assure you there are
many who would if it were possible).
The net result would be that little if anything got done, so the goods and
services available would be severely limited. . . .
I noted this problem as well. In real life, with the present system, we
do have this problem with medical practitioners. I do not know if
insurance covers chiropractors. I've heard that National Health
Insurance in England covers it. Anyway, many people have virtually
unlimited access to conventional doctors without paying much extra
because their insurance covers it and the deductible is small. This does
cause some people to overuse medical care, which causes long waits and
extra cost for everyone else.
There are other examples of resources that we have decided to give away
at no cost, which causes overuse. Public roads, highways and parking
spaces in Manhattan are the best example.
- Jed