After some digging I think I got close to the source of the "30% copper"
assertion.   The following items are from Rossi's blog.  First:

Question from "William":
> William
> January 20th, 2011 at 9:01 AM
> <http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=360&cpage=5#comment-19862>
> ... /elided his first three questions .../
>
> 4) I read a comment on another forum claiming that in one of your
> cells after six months of operation the remaining nickel powder was
> 30% copper. Can you confirm this?

Rossi's answer:

> Andrea Rossi
> January 20th, 2011 at 10:14 AM
> <http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=360&cpage=5#comment-19868>
> Mr William:
> 4- No

Further message from "William", apparently in response to this denial:

> William
> January 20th, 2011 at 11:30 AM
> <http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=360&cpage=5#comment-19880>
>
> Hello Mr. Rossi,
>
> I found the following comment.
>
> Dear Pierre,
> Thank you for your important questions, here are the answers:
> 1- the Ni powder I utilized were pure Ni, no copper . At the end of
> the operations in the reactor the percentage of copper was integrally
> bound to the amount of energy produced. A charge which has worked for
> 6 monthes, 24 hours per day, at the end had a percentage of Cu
> superior to 30%
> 2- About the Ni isotopes: the isotopes after the operations were
> substantially changed in percentage. We are preparing a campaign of
> analysys with a Secondary Ions Mass Spectrometer at the University of
> Padua (Italy), at the end of which the data will be published on the
> Journal Of Nuclear Physics.
> Warm Regards,
> Andrea

I saw no further response from Rossi on this, and I don't know what the
"other forum" in which his original comment appeared might have been.
Google didn't turn it up for me.  Make if this what you will; it's
certainly not unambiguous -- looks kind of like an assertion followed by
a retraction, but other interpretations are possible.