The only access to "the physics itself" we have with finite nervous
systems is by using digital approximations with finite number strings,
processed by algorithms of finite instruction size, so there are
always round-off errors, which always diverge without limit, even if
there are no close encounters.  So, it's a huge leap of faith to
assume that the "present data" for a certain finite time interval
actually allows prediction of a single future path or retrodiction of
a single past path -- ie, classical mechanics probably can be proved
to be incurably flawed, while allowing a certain amount of qualified
estimation of probable paths forward and backward in time for the
first 3 "orbits" or so...

I've read that actually the 3-body problem does have exact general
solutions, which involve such long, very slowly converging sequences
of terms, as to be practically unworkable in practice.  Probaby, it
can be shown that the energy needed to run an ideal finite digital
computer until a certain limit of accuracy is reached (testable by
running the same problem in parallel with identical computers,
watching to see at what point the results start to scatter) will grow
so fast with time and accuracy as to exhaust the energy available in
any universe that supports the computer...

Probably someone has already studied this...

It's not just that shit happens -- "happens" happens...

So, in reality, the "present" interval, however brief in time and tiny
in space, necessarily in complex interaction with a possibly infinite
external universe or hyperverse, must be inexplicable, "causeless",
ie, totally "magical"...

This has in recent thousands of years been a common insight for
advanced explorers of expanded awareness in many traditions.

Rich Murray "lookslikeallthoughtiswrong"@godmail.com