Hi,
[snip]

1 gm of 10 micron diameter nickel spheres has an area of 674 cm^2.

>This wide range is typical of his half-truths. But no matter, 1000 times
>more could easily be provided for this use if necessary. IOW - the piston
>crown of the Ford ICE, used in the Boeing UAV is about 7cm in diameter and
>all of them could be composted of thick porous nickel, plus whatever is the
>'secret' catalyst.

I think such a surface would be destroyed in seconds by the pounding it would
receive in an IC engine, and the nickel powder would act as an abrasive
destroying the engine.

>There is an actual commercial product called nickel foam. Search google
>images for a visual feel of what this would look like. I do not see the
>required surface area as a limitation. Plus you are already getting chemical
>gain from H2, so whatever the Ni-H reaction offers as non-chemical is extra,
>even if not optimized, no?
>
>The hydrino, or an equivalent like IRH, etc. could be an alternative
>(better) explanation for what Rossi is doing.

That would explain the heat, but not the "copper without gamma rays".
OTOH, if Horace is correct, then the lack of gammas would be explained, but
that's not a Hydrino theory. Note however that Hydrinos combined with an IC
reaction might largely explain the lack of gammas, but should produce a lot of
x-rays (which may be adequately shielded by the lead).

>If our military has somehow overlooked this, with the billions they have
>spent for lesser projects - then shame on them.

Human history is littered with missed opportunities.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html