I wrote:

> As soon as the test was reported, Crude . . .

Cude. Sorry about that. A spell check error? Freudian slip? Wasn't voice
input -- I can't blame that.

On the last page he writes:

"Would you like to approach Rossi about getting one of his proprietary
reactors to me for testing? I have a hunch he's not prepared to supply one."

Does Cude work at Los Alamos? Is he willing to sign a non-disclosure
agreement? I doubt that Rossi would supply one to a random person with no
known qualifications. However, if things go according to plan, in a few
years he will be able to buy one in Greece, and maybe in the U.S. (Rossi
announced that another deal is underway in the U.S.) I don't see how anyone
can complain about Rossi's plans. A test at a major university. More tests
this year in cooperation with CERN. Commercial sales starting this year or
next. The skeptics should be running out of things to complain about. What
more they want?

Okay, I admit that I have groused about the plan. I would prefer to see
Rossi deliver 3 or 4 units to National Labs for testing under non-disclosure
agreements. I told Rossi that. He politely said he doesn't want to do that.
Well, it is his prerogative. I can't complain about that so much as whine
quietly off in the corner. If he engaged in the kind of disappearing act
that Patterson did after the death of Reding, or the kind of hide-and-seek
operation that many over-unity inventors engage in, then I would have
grounds to complain. But Rossi has paid a million euros to have a top-notch
university and national lab test his machine and subject the catalyst to
mass spectroscopy! People have lined up 200 million euros in capital to
manufacture the thing soon. Compared to most other cold fusion researchers
and all other over-unity inventors, this is wonderfully open, and
cooperative, and business-like. It is by far the best news in the history of
cold fusion. Probably it is, unless it turns out the machines are harder to
reproduce than they thought, and the venture goes bust. That wouldn't be
their fault. You can't blame people who spend 200 million euros trying to
accomplish something like this. They are serious. The goal is realistic.

The secrecy is necessary because of the intransigence of the Patent
Office. It isn't his fault the Patent Office refuses to grant patents for
cold fusion, although he should have submitted a better application. He now
has a good patent attorney working on that.

Really, there isn't much more we can ask for.